**We are now scheduling new clients for the 2017-2018 academic year program. We anticipate having limited morning, early afternoon and assessment appointments only starting in late August 2017. Group appointments may be available in the afternoons, but have limited openings. After-school/afternoon appointments for individual therapy are completely filled. Please fill out either a Request for Morning/Early Afternoon Services Form or an Afternoon Waitlist Form for the 2017-2018 academic year program.
What we will need from you before receiving therapy:
1) Afternoon Waitlist Form or a Request for Morning/Early Afternoon/Group Services Form: Once we are able to schedule your child, we will need the following:
2) Patient History form (will be emailed to you)
3) Most current IEP if you have one (less than a year old)
4) Most recent speech-language evaluation (less than 11 months old).
5) Any related reports, such as from an Occupational Therapist (OT), psychologist or learning consultant.
6) Once scheduled, you will need to confirm your child's therapy program in writing and sign a registration contract, which is found on our "Forms" page.
Because we may not have the expertise to work with every type of case, it is important for you (and us) to make sure our skills are well-matched. The kind of individual therapy we do requires the child to be able to attend and cooperate with the lessons to some degree. In most cases, children do best when their parent waits outside the room until they have settled into a routine and bonded with the therapist. Occasionally, other practices may be more suited to your child’s needs. If we feel your child will benefit from a different approach, we will refer you to the right professional.