Please note that there is a waitlist for all individual therapy appointments after 2pm. Please go to FORMS to find the paperwork required to start the process.
language component, we will need to schedule an assessment-or supplemental testing- before beginning a therapy program. For simple articulation difficulties, an informal screening is often sufficient.
What we will need from you before receiving therapy:
1) Request for Services Form
2) Patient History form
3) Most current IEP if you have one (less than a year old)
4) Most recent speech-language evaluation (less than 11 months old).
5) Any related reports, such as from an Occupational Therapist (OT), psychologist or learning consultant.
6) Once scheduled, you will need to confirm your child's therapy program in writing and sign a registration contract, which is found on our "Forms" page.
Patti Hamaguchi personally reviews each and every new client request. Our office will call you within one-three business days after we receive the Request for Services form and review with you the days/times we can offer for your child’s program, either on the phone or via email, as well as the choice of speech pathologist.
Because we may not have the expertise to work with every type of case, it is important for you (and us) to make sure our skills are well-matched. The kind of individual therapy we do requires the child to be able to attend and cooperate with the lessons to some degree. In most cases, children do best when their parent waits outside the room until they have settled into a routine and bonded with the therapist. Occasionally, other practices may be more suited to your child’s needs. If we feel your child will benefit from a different approach, we will refer you to the right professional.